subject
Biology, 02.12.2019 22:10 achimajdsjj

The number of accidents that a person has in a given year is a poisson random variable with mean λ. however, we may suppose that the rate λ depends on the person or portion of the population. suppose that λ=4 for 75 percent of the population, and λ=5 for the other 25 percent. (a) if a person is chosen at random, what is the probability that s/he will have zero accidents in a certain year?

ansver
Answers: 2

Another question on Biology

question
Biology, 02.02.2019 19:30
Living cells cannot use heat to provide the activation energy for biochemical reactions because which choice(s) complete the sentence correctly? a) answer choice ii. eliminate b) answer choices ii and iv. c) answer choice iii and iv. d) all answers can complete the sentence.
Answers: 1
question
Biology, 01.02.2019 20:15
What are the doorways into and out of cells, attached to the membrane, and built in the rough er.
Answers: 2
question
Biology, 01.02.2019 04:00
What function does a limb serve in each animal how are the limb bones of the four animal similar based on the similarities what can be inferred about the evolution of the poor animals
Answers: 1
question
Biology, 30.01.2019 01:05
What did nikola tesla invent that influence our way of living?
Answers: 1
You know the right answer?
The number of accidents that a person has in a given year is a poisson random variable with mean λ....
Questions
Questions on the website: 6713915