subject
Business, 30.11.2019 05:40 Babygirll41

Steinberg corporation and dietrich corporation are identical companies except that dietrich is more levered. both companies will remain in business for one more year. the companies' economists agree that the probability of the continuation of the current expansion is 80 percent for the next year, and the probability of a recession is 20 percent. if the expansion continues, each company will generate earnings before interest and taxes (ebit) of $3.7 million. if a recession occurs, each company will generate earnings before interest and taxes (ebit) of $1.1 million. steinberg's debt obligation requires the company to pay $910,000 at the end of the year. dietrich's debt obligation requires the company to pay $1.2 million at the end of the year. neither company pays taxes. assume a discount rate of 12 percent.



a-1.
what is the value today of steinberg's debt and equity? (enter your answers in dollars, not millions of dollars, e. g., 1,234,567. do not round intermediate calculations and round your answers to the nearest whole number, e. g., 32.)



steinberg's
equity value $
debt value $
a-2.
what is the value today of dietrich's debt and equity? (enter your answers in dollars, not millions of dollars, e. g., 1,234,567. do not round intermediate calculations and round your answers to the nearest whole number, e. g., 32.)



dietrich's
equity value $
debt value $
b. steinberg’s ceo recently stated that steinberg’s value should be higher than dietrich’s because the company has less debt and therefore less bankruptcy risk. do you agree or disagree with this statement?
disagree
agree

ansver
Answers: 3

Another question on Business

question
Business, 01.02.2019 02:50
Anew oil refinery commencing its operation in alaska has to deal with its stakeholders regarding varioud issues .match the sources to their stakeholders
Answers: 3
question
Business, 30.01.2019 03:20
According to the text, presence of the experience curve leads to two broad pricing options that include and
Answers: 2
question
Business, 29.01.2019 17:41
Which of the statements is true about the values recorded in the balance sheet of a firm?
Answers: 2
question
Business, 25.01.2019 19:04
What effect does a rise in income have on demand? increases demand for normal goods decreases demand for normal goods increased prices on goods decreased prices on goods
Answers: 1
You know the right answer?
Steinberg corporation and dietrich corporation are identical companies except that dietrich is more...
Questions
question
Mathematics, 04.05.2018 19:16
question
Computers and Technology, 08.03.2019 22:45
question
Mathematics, 07.05.2019 19:32
Questions on the website: 6551841