Graph a triangle (STU) and reflect it over the y-axis to create triangle S′T′U′.
1. Describe the transformation using words. Make sure you refer to the characteristics and the coordinates.
2. Draw a line segment from point S to the reflecting line, and then draw a line segment from point S′ to the reflecting line. What do you notice about the two line segments you drew? Do you think you would notice the same characteristics if you drew the line segment connecting T with the reflecting line and then T′ with the reflecting line? How do you know?
1. rewrite the percent as decimal. divide it by 100, as following:
3. now, knowing that baby blankets sell for $29.99 after a markup rate based on cost of 109%, you can write the following expresion:
where x is the cost.
4. you must solve for x, then, you obtain:
5. the markup is:
98.6 – x < 95; x > 3.6
let x = the degrees below normal temperature
the person will have hypothermia if
98.6 – x < 95 subtract 98.6 from each side
-x < -3.6 multiply each side by -1
x > 3.6
a person will have hypothermia if the body temperature is more than 3.6 °f below normal.
the diagram below shows that any value of x greater than 3.6 will satisfy the inequality.