3r/4 = 12
each box of rice weighs 16 ounces
call the weight of the full box of rice r. then, we get the equation 3r/4 = 12, because we have 3/4 of the box is 12 ounces. multiply both sides by 4, then divide both sides by 3, to get 3r = 48 and then r = 16.
56 packs of crazy straws
1. 224 x 2= 448 *the total straws*
2. once you have that, divide the 448 by 8 so you can find out the packages he started with. you get 56.
3. check your work by doing 56 x 8, which is 448, just to make sure.
4. divide 448 by two which gives you 224, which is what you started with.
answer: 11378.58 ft
1. draw a figure like the one attached, where a is the position of the airplane and b and c are the positions of the cars.
2. the distance between the cars is the length bc, then, you need to calculate the measure of bd and dc to add them and obtain bc.3. you know the opposite side and the angles of depression, then, you can calculate the distance between the cars as following: