they built the city of tenochtitlan on an island because it was the best choice if there was ever an invasion. since it was on an island, the aztec army coudl protect all sides. it also had a system of canals and causeways that supplied the hundreds of thousands of people who lived there and protect the city. whenever there was an invasion, the aztecs would just attack anyone that tried to come down the canals towards the island.
2. republican president= b. dwight d. eisenhower
3. a person who currently holds an office= f. incumbent
4. democratic president= a. jimmy carter
6. to yield or surrender; admit or acknowledge= e. concede
1. formed by theodore roosevelt in 1912= c.bull moose party
5. formed by ross perot in 1992= d. united we stand party
i do not want to look pessimist, but i sincerely don't think that's possible. poverty is caused by many different factors, that depend on things the society can't change, at least not the way we tried to do it.
poverty depends greatly on the political systems we have nowadays, because if political systems where "correct" maybe everybody would have a home and an income, but millionaires wouldn't be millionaires.
we should also not blame only politicians, because we as a society also affect how poverty works. i will not give my opinion on this though, because it depends greatly on how one thinks. many think society hasn't done anything wrong, and others think different factors within society are to be blamed. it's a very controversial area.
hope it ,